- Joined Rome Radiology Group in 1991
- Fellowship in Body Imaging at University of Virginia in Charlottesville 1990-1991
- Radiology Residency at University of Florida in Jacksonville 1986-1990
- Medical College of Georgia 1981-1985
- Attended The Medical College of Georgia in Augusta where he earned his Medical Doctorate degree
- Attended The University of Georgia in Athens where he earned a Masters Degree inBiochemistry
- Undergraduate work at Oxford College and Emory University receiving a Bachelor of Science in Biology
Dr Burch served as a Transitional Intern at Atlanta Medical Center. He then spent four years at Shands Hospital Jacksonville, University of Florida in Diagnostic Radiology. His final year of training was spent at The University of Virginia Health Sciences Center in Charlottesville as a Fellow in Body Imaging. He .
Dr. Burch was Board Certified by the American Board of Radiology in 1990 and is a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners. He holds medical licenses in Georgia, Alabama, and Virginia. Dr. Burch is a Fellow of the American College of Radiology, and a member of the Radiological Society of North America, Society of Radiologist in Ultrasound, the Society of Computed Body Tomography,Magnetic Resonance, the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and the American Roentgen Ray Society.