- Fellowship in Diagnostic and Interventional Musculoskeletal Radiology at the Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University in St.Louis in 2011-2012.
- Radiology Residency Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University in St. Louis in 2007-2011
- Transitional Year Resident Baptist Health System, Birmingham, AL 2006-2007
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine 2002-2006
- Davidson College 1997-2001
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Davidson College in 2001 with a degree in History
Dr. Holcombe, a native of Birmingham, Alabama, . He completed medical school at the University of Alabama at Birmingham where he was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha. He then completed a Transitional Year residency at Baptist Health System in Birmingham, Alabama. Dr. Holcombe completed a residency in Diagnostic Radiology and a fellowship in Musculoskeletal Radiology at the Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University in St. Louis.
Dr. Holcombe is board certified in Diagnostic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology and licensed to practice in Georgia, Missouri and Illinois. Dr. Holcombe is a member of the American College of Radiology, Radiologic Society of North America, and the American Roentgen Ray Society. He joined Rome Radiology Group in 2012 with special interests in sports medicine imaging and musculoskeletal therapeutic and diagnostic interventions.