- Joined Rome Radiology Group in 2007
- Neuroradiology Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center 2006-2007
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency at Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston 2001-2006
- Medical College of Virginia in Richmond 1997-2001
- James Madison University 1992-1996
Dr. Phillips attended James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia graduating cum laude with a degree in Biology and Physics. He received his M.D. from the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond where he was named an Aesculaipian scholar. He then performed his internship and Diagnostic Radiology residency at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston including a year of service as Chief Resident.
He is board certified in Diagnostic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology and licensed to practice in Georgia and South Carolina. Dr. Phillips is a member of the American Society of Neuroradiology, American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, and local medical societies.