- Fellowship in Body Imaging, Penn State – Hershey Medical Center, 1997-1998
- Residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola, N.Y., a major teaching affiliate of State University of New York at Stony Brook. He served as Chief Resident in 1996-1997
- Radiology Residency at Winthrop - University Hospital, Affiliate of SUNY at Stony Brook, New York, 1993-1997
- Wake Forrest University Medical School, 1989-1995
- Earned his medical degree at Bowman Gray-Wake Forest School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Graduation from Guilford College in Greensboro, N.C
- Subspecialty radiology training in MR Angiography and CT Angiography included mini-fellowships at University of Pennsylvania Medical School and Stanford University Medical School.
Dr Pruett has published research in major medical journals and has served as junior faculty at Penn State. He is a member of the American College of Radiology, the Radiology Society of North America, and the American Roentgen Ray Society.